What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a holistic approach to health and wellness based on the principles that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself. Using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques the body, mind and emotions are supported during the healing process.
The principles of Naturopathy are based on treating each person as an individual and treating the whole person, not just the affected area.
Naturopathy is both an art and a science. Today naturopaths use scientific evidence as well as traditional evidence in practice.
Naturopaths treat both acute and chronic conditions. Naturopathic care is well suited to anyone at any age. Naturopaths have many answers for common conditions.
Naturopathy uses a variety of treatment methods which include:
– Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses
– Dietary & Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
– Lifestyle advice to promote wellbeing and reduce stress
– Flower essences to enhance the emotional aspect of healing
– Iridology to assess inherited tendencies, potential health concerns and improve understanding of past and current health concerns.
Naturopathic consultations generally go for 90 minutes for the initial consultation to allow plenty of time to take a full case history, health assessment and develop a individually tailored treatment plan.